Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing input parameters outside of main

Hello everyone,

Yet another question. I'm sure they will stop shortly as I am finding EFS very friendly to use.

Is it possible at all to access the input parameters outside of main()?

The reason why I ask is because I am using the onLButtonDblClk() handler and would like some of my inputs that I use for various calculations to be parametrized. Is it possible at all to set my non local variables (those outside of main) to what my input parameters are set to, if so, how could I access my input parameters, I've tried setting them via the main() method but my results have not been successful.

Hi davewolfs,

Yes you can provided you create differently named global variables, then set them equal to the input parameters. Since they are global variables, they will be shared between all functions in the efs.

Hoppe this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by stevehare2003
      Hi davewolfs,

Yes you can provided you create differently named global variables, then set them equal to the input parameters. Since they are global variables, they will be shared between all functions in the efs.

Hoppe this helps.
      How do I access the input parameters?

Aren't they normally access from function main(param1, param2...)

Where would I hook into them? If you could provide a small code snippet that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dave Terk

Comment

Figured it out, just set the global val from main.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X