Cycle through collection of symbols from EFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cycle through collection of symbols from EFS

Is it possible for an EFS script to change the symbol displayed on a price chart? I have a collection of ten symbols which I would like the EFS script to cycle through. That is, display one symbol for 10 seconds, then go to the next symbol, etc.

Having one chart that could flip through a collection of symbols would save me some screen real estate.

Re: Cycle through collection of symbols from EFS

cusip
    EFS cannot programmatically change the symbol in the chart
    Alex

Originally posted by cusip
    Is it possible for an EFS script to change the symbol displayed on a price chart? I have a collection of ten symbols which I would like the EFS script to cycle through. That is, display one symbol for 10 seconds, then go to the next symbol, etc.

Having one chart that could flip through a collection of symbols would save me some screen real estate.

Comment

Alex is correct. You can't do it from within efs, but you can do it with a MACRO utility.

http://www.macros.com/

With this utility, you can create a macro that will cause an esignal advanced chart to flip thru the 10 (or more) symbols that you want. The trick with the macro tool is you have to create a macro to do what you want, then adjust the time delay to accomodate the datafeed and process as you like.

FYI, this is not the perfect solution, but it is a solution.
      Brad Matheny
      eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
      X