Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Range of the Y-Axis available in eFS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Range of the Y-Axis available in eFS?

I'm trying to draw some text 'near' the High/Low of bars, and I need to Offset the Text from the actual High/Low prices of the bars.

To ensure that the Offset amount is correct for charts from 1-Minute to 1-Week, the Offset is effectively a Percentage of the Price Range on the y-Axis of the chart.

Is the Price Range of the Y-Axis available inside eFS?

-----
    Alternatively, the way to do this with a Sledgehamer would be to get the Maximum High and Minimum Low prices for all bars displayed in the WINDOW.

However, I'm not sure how to determine WHICH are currently shown in the Chart window.

I'm assuming the right-most bar will be Zero, but what is the left-most bar in the window (NOT the left-most bar that there is data for)???

ANY help pointing me to the correct place in the relevant documentation, or Code snippets, would be GREATLY appreciated.

This is not supported in EFS currently. EFS is not like other environments where you have advanced graphical control of a window/chart.

One way you could do this is to MARK the left most bar of the chart with a mouse click or process. This will allow you to identify your chart range.

The problem with this is that it's not dynamic. Meaning when the user changes the chart range, the process will have to be re-initiated for your EFS script to know the new range.

BTW, we all deal with these same issues too.
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
    X