Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Number of bars DISPLAYED in a Chart Window???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number of bars DISPLAYED in a Chart Window???

Does anyone know how I can determine how many Bars are actually displayed/Visible in an Advanced Chart Window in eFS?

If you have a code snippet, that would be REALLY handy.

This appears the only way I'm going to be able to determine the Range of the Highest & Lowest Price values of the Y-Axis for the chart window (Being able to get the Range would be my preferred solution).

Thanks in anticipation of your assistance.

I'm not a coder myself but I did a search for "bar count" in the EFS Help Center and got quite a few hits. For example, this tutorial seems to be along those lines where you count historical bars to the left where current bar is 0.

If that tutorial does not help, perhaps if you try that same search, another article will do the trick.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Scott, but (part of) what I said was: "bars ... actually displayed/Visible in an Advanced Chart Window".

Your search for "bar count" would have returned things like:
      - getCurrentBarCount()
      - getCurrentBarIndex()

These are the TOTAL bars downloaded to my workstation, and are MORE than the "bars ... actually displayed/Visible in an Advanced Chart Window".

Since I need the Highest & Lowest prices of the "bars ... actually displayed/Visible in an Advanced Chart Window", unfortunately these 2 do not meet my needs.

Comment

Working...
      X