Ask / Trade Timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask / Trade Timing

I am using getMostRecentAsk() and getMostRecentTrade(), and others, in an efs. It's unclear to me whether or not these functions return values for the same trade or not since they are separate lines of efs code. I couldn't find anything in KnowledgeBase or by searching the forums.

If these two statements are together (e.g., on lines 200 and 201), can I be sure that the ask information will be what existed when the trade was made?

Thanks.

-

Hello AssetHound,

Originally posted by AssetHound
    I am using getMostRecentAsk() and getMostRecentTrade(), and others, in an efs. It's unclear to me whether or not these functions return values for the same trade or not since they are separate lines of efs code. I couldn't find anything in KnowledgeBase or by searching the forums.

If these two statements are together (e.g., on lines 200 and 201), can I be sure that the ask information will be what existed when the trade was made?

Thanks.
    Yes, the ask returned by getMostRecentAsk() will be the most recent ask at the time of the trade, which is what executes main() in EFS. The trade price returned from getMostRecentTrade() can be different that the most recent ask value.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Excellent. Thanks very much, Jason.

Comment