Adding 9:30 to 16:15 option to studies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding 9:30 to 16:15 option to studies

I've got the standard "today's high" and "today's low" studies on my chart. What can I add to the code to make it only calculate the high and low between 9:30am and 4:15pm?

I know I can add the "=2" to the symbol to get that time, but i want a 24hr 445t chart up.
    Last edited by jphillips9; 10-12-2009, 07:23 AM.

The solution to this issue is more complicated than one might think. In order to have a 24 hour chart running and to track the high/low of previous days between certain times requires more efs coding to be done.

You have to track and store the daily high/low for each historical day into variables in your EFS. The "previous high" and "previous low" efs files that come with esignal use internal functions that are designed to look back for the previous day's high/low and are based on the time template you are using on the chart - so these highs/lows reflect the 24 hour high/low.

Again, the solution to this is to build your own lookback funtions or tracking function to store the highest high and lowest low of the previous day's data for the times you want included.
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
    X