Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I access a parameter from one EFS from another ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I access a parameter from one EFS from another ?

So I wrote my own EFS script that generates a chart. I have them running in multiple time frames (separate charts within separate windows) all at once.

Is there a way to have my EFS script communicate with another EFS script running in another window ?

Is there another way to accomplish this ?

Thanks in advance !

Re: Can I access a parameter from one EFS from another ?

Hi dancclark,

Yes you can, check out the two efs's in this FileShare folder. They were written to demonstrate how to create an object with multiple values available to another efs (or any other efs's) in any other timeframe or chart.

These values can bet transferred between different charts as well. Please also checkout the efs Glossary (link below) as a reference for these and the other efs methods.

Hope this helps

Originally posted by dancclark
    So I wrote my own EFS script that generates a chart. I have them running in multiple time frames (separate charts within separate windows) all at once.

Is there a way to have my EFS script communicate with another EFS script running in another window ?

Is there another way to accomplish this ?

Thanks in advance !
    this

Comment

Steve,

Thank you very much ! I didnt know about the setGlobalValue() function ! Highly useful.

Comment

Hi dancclark,

You are most welcome.

You need to be careful using this feature. Be aware that the data in the 'GlobalValue' is set in the order in which the different efs's and different charts are executed. Additionally, when loading the charts' historical data, each efs loads all the historical data and you will not see the same behavior as you would when the data is live.

Originally posted by dancclark
        Steve,

Thank you very much ! I didnt know about the setGlobalValue() function ! Highly useful.

Comment

Working...
        X