drawLineAbsolute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drawLineAbsolute

drawLineAbsolute(0, xStochKH.getValue(0), 0, xStochKL.getValue(0), PS_SOLID, 1, Color.RGB(0,0,255), count) doesn't seem to work, but debugPrintln( xStochKH.getValue(0)+" "+xStochKL.getValue(0)+" "+count ) ; and return new Array ( xStochKH.getValue(0), xStochKL.getValue(0)); do.

Am I missing something?

Re: drawLineAbsolute

David
    In what way is it not working? I tried it at my end and it appears to be drawing the line [or more appropriately lines] correctly
    Alex

Originally posted by dloomis
    drawLineAbsolute(0, xStochKH.getValue(0), 0, xStochKL.getValue(0), PS_SOLID, 1, Color.RGB(0,0,255), count) doesn't seem to work, but debugPrintln( xStochKH.getValue(0)+" "+xStochKL.getValue(0)+" "+count ) ; and return new Array ( xStochKH.getValue(0), xStochKL.getValue(0)); do.

Am I missing something?

Comment

The only line that draws is one at the end, from 0 to 100.

Usually that means I am not 'tagging' the line properly, but count is incrementing in the debugPrintln statement.
      Attached Files

Comment

David
        The reason why you are seeing a line from 0 to 100 is because that is one of the many lines you are drawing at the absolute bar index 0 as the formula is executing on historical bars
        You only see one line because they are all located on the same bar index 0.
        Try replacing the tagID count with [for example] "line" and you will see that only one line will be drawn between those two values
        Alternatively replace drawLineAbsolute() with drawLineRelative() and you will see a line on each bar between the corresponding values
        Alex

The only line that draws is one at the end, from 0 to 100.

Usually that means I am not 'tagging' the line properly, but count is incrementing in the debugPrintln statement.

Comment

I see, thanks, how do i get the historical lines to draw for bars -1 thru -100.

Thanks again.
          Attached Files

Comment

David
            You could do that in the following way
            Alex

PHP Code:
            if(getBarState()==BARSTATE_NEWBARcount++;
                if(
            count>100count 0;

drawLineRelative(0xStochKH.getValue(0), 0xStochKL.getValue(0), PS_SOLID1Color.RGB(0,0,255), count); 

I see, thanks, how do i get the historical lines to draw for bars -1 thru -100.

Thanks again.

Comment

I got the same results with your suggestion so I ended up using a 'for' loop from 1 to 100, using -i instead of 0, works fine,

if(getBarState()==BARSTATE_NEWBAR) {count++;
              //debugPrintln( xStochKH.getValue(0)+" "+xStochKL.getValue(0)+" "+count ) ;
              for ( i = 0 ; i <100 ; i++ ) {
              drawLineAbsolute(-i, xStochKH.getValue(-i), -i, xStochKL.getValue(-i), PS_SOLID, 1, Color.RGB(0,0,255), i)
              } }

I bet it works lousy real time tho, we will see.
              Attached Files

Comment

David
                Did you also replace drawLineAbsolute() with drawLineRelative()?
                As far as I can see at my end my suggestion is drawing only the lines on the most recent 100 bars
                Alex

I got the same results with your suggestion so I ended up using a 'for' loop from 1 to 100, using -i instead of 0, works fine,

if(getBarState()==BARSTATE_NEWBAR) {count++;
                //debugPrintln( xStochKH.getValue(0)+" "+xStochKL.getValue(0)+" "+count ) ;
                for ( i = 0 ; i <100 ; i++ ) {
                drawLineAbsolute(-i, xStochKH.getValue(-i), -i, xStochKL.getValue(-i), PS_SOLID, 1, Color.RGB(0,0,255), i)
                } }

I bet it works lousy real time tho, we will see.

Comment

David
                  Here is what I am seeing using my suggestion
                  Alex

Comment

I got it now, for some reason when i changed the return statement from

return null;

to return new Array (...)

and then back it worked.

Before that, nada.

Your Dockers are in the mail buddy! Thanks!

Comment

David
                      You are most welcome (and you can still keep the Dockers...)
                      Alex

I got it now, for some reason when i changed the return statement from

return null;

to return new Array (...)

and then back it worked.

Before that, nada.

Your Dockers are in the mail buddy! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X