checking for multiple instances of EFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• checking for multiple instances of EFS

Sometimes the display items of an EFS disappear from the chart, although the EFS itself is still "loaded". This can confuse users and get them to load a duplicate instance of the EFS, instead of simply reloading the EFS.

Does anyone know of a simple way to check if, upon loading an EFS (or reload) it can check a chart to see if it already has an instance of the same EFS running?

Thanks in advance...

Ryan.

THe following code entries in function preMain() would display the name of the Indicator on your chart

setStudyTitle()--Displays the indicator on the chart under the symbol discription
    setCursorLabelName()--- Displays the indicator name on the bottom of the Cursor window

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me... I will try to explain another way:

If the display elements of a study disappear from the chart, some less sophisticated users simply assume it is not loaded and proceed to load another instance of the script via "formulas" in the drop-down menu. If they would click the "reload" tab as opposed to "formulas", they would then see the script named in the reload sub-list, which would clue them in that the script is resident (just not visible on the chart) and only a RELOAD is needed. Trouble is, they don't always check the reload tab and proceed to load a duplicate script instead.

So, if a user is loading (or reloading) a script, is there a way to first check if that script is already resident on the chart BEFORE loading. I am hoping this is possible so I can display a warning if true.

Hope this makes sense.

Comment

Working...
      X