X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change button text

Hi,

Appreciate help on the following.

I have a button on a chart placed there using drawTextAbsolute.

Is there an easy way to re-draw the button on the chart with a revised text caption or do I have to delete it using removeText and then re-create it with the revised caption?

Many thanks

Maurice

Maurice,

The way to do this is to assign a tag name when first creating the button. Then when you want to redraw that same button, referencing that tag name again will replace the button with the new parameters.

For instance...

function main() {

drawTextAbsolute( 0, 15, "%inRange: " + vPctInRange + "%", null, null, Text.BOLD | Text.BUTTON | Text.RELATIVETOLEFT | Text.RELATIVETOBOTTOM, "Arial", 12, "PctInRange" );

if (vPctInRange > 80) {
    drawTextAbsolute( 0, 15, "%inRange: " + vPctInRange + "%", null, Color.green, Text.BOLD | Text.BUTTON | Text.RELATIVETOLEFT | Text.RELATIVETOBOTTOM, "Arial", 12, "PctInRange" )

} else if (vPctInRange < 20) {
    drawTextAbsolute( 0, 15, "%inRange: " + vPctInRange + "%", null, Color.red, Text.BOLD | Text.BUTTON | Text.RELATIVETOLEFT | Text.RELATIVETOBOTTOM, "Arial", 12, "PctInRange" );
    }
    }
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Just discovered (as I'm sure others have as well) that buttons (i.e. Text.BUTTON) can't be color coded, so that wasn't the best example. Here's the working PctInRange code with color changing feature.
      Attached Files
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Jay F

Many thanks for your help - it works now!

Maurice

Comment

Following on from that . . . . .

Using the following:

if (getCurrentBarIndex() == 0) {
          drawTextAbsolute(10,30," Reload @URL=EFS:ReloadButton",Color.black, null, Text.BUTTON | Text.RELATIVETOBOTTOM | Text.ONTOP, "Arial", 12, gReloadButton);

I notice that the Text.RELATIVETOLEFT flag keeps the button static with respect to the left screen edge when the plots are scrolled left and right.

Without this flag the button seems to scroll off the screen with the plots.

Is there a way to easily keep the button static on the right hand margin regardless of scrolling the plot and regardless of maximising or reducing the window size?

Thanks

Maurice

Comment

Maurice
            Not yet. Even though there is a Text.RELATIVETORIGHT it does not function in the same way as RELATIVETOLEFT -BOTTOM -TOP.
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X