Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Index MA indicator HELP!!

Hey everyone...
    Ok...hopfully someone will have an idea how to do this...

I'd like to find a way in which I could create a simple running
    MA(moving avg) line indicator(s) for $SOX, $TRIN, $TICK, $ADVQ & $DECLQ(maybe others too)....or at least one basic template that would let me view these in line chart MA format in real time increments....in one window(if not too cluttered...not sure 'bout that though). I know Tradestation does this...e-Signal should too I would think.

Currently though, I cannot find a way to do this. I did read something about the new version e-Signal 7.2 having some new capabilities...but I am stumped right now as how to go about this.
    I have been through the e-Signal manual as well to no avail.

I need a way to see these indicators in MA line chart format at a glance and not just read numbers as it is now with the quotes window.

Any help or direction would be appreciated...or if someone already has a template for this...even better!

(and thanks Matt)

Thanks!

CiscokiDD

Things that make ya' go "Hmmmmm"

Hmmmm....I guess no one knows how to do this????

(...or am I just missing something obvious?)

Bueller?....Bueller?....anyone???

CiscokiDD

Comment

Nice way to bump...

Ok I'll byte (uh bite).

There really isn't a way to do waht you want without efs (at least I don't know of anyway to do it without coding it).

If I get what you want to do:

Show the listed symbols in a single window as line chart and
      MA of line chart.

Then I think the easiest thing to do is to create a generic study that prints out (close) and also the MA. You can use the builtinMA study as a starting pount.

Now...I think this will have a number of problems. How will you scale all the studies onto a single pane? How can you tell all the lines and MA's apart?

So, I would make it so that priceStudy wasn't = true. This would allow each symbol to have its own pane.

However, if you do this, I'm not sure it would buy you a lot more room than having each chart in its own window, and remove the header info.
      Garth

Comment

Welp...

OK...what a pain this is! sheesh.

Thanks for the thoughts "gspiker".

Looks like I'm gonna have to load-up my old Metastock application. I could setup whatever I needed in there with its intuitive formula tools....I just hope it works on XP...it was for Win95 & NT 4.0.
        At least there I can do what I need to easily (as I recall).

Thanks to all who read this thread...and if anyone ever does come up with a solution that will work in e-Signal...post it!

Thanks!

CiscokiDD

Comment

Working...
        X