No announcement yet.

How many concurrent files can be open?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many concurrent files can be open?

I use tons of logging, has E-Sig limited the max number of open files to 6 by any chance? Lucky 7 is not writing . . .

If any one knows, thanks in advance.

Thomas.

Hi Thomas,

I'm a little unclear about what you're asking. You mention both logging and opening files. If you are talking about opening multiple sessions of eSignal. We don't recommend opening more than one session as the system wasn't designed or tested to do so. There are issues when opening same file within separate sessions and then saving the file. There may be corruption to the file.

However, with that said, we know of many users that open several sessions of eSignal and don't experience problems doing so. They don't use the same file twice to eliminate problems with corrupted files. As far as opening six sessions, but not able to open a 7th, well we don't specifically prevent that, but again, this is not designed to do so or tested for it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Andy

Comment

Thanks . . .

Andy,

I just meant one EFS, and I tried opening 7 files at once . . . with each pass opening up 7 files, and writing different messages to each, but I think that it might have been logic related. But your answer helped me in all areas, thanks again.

Thomas.

Comment

Working...
      X