drawLineRelative() does not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drawLineRelative() does not work

I am using eSignal 10.6.1832.647. drawLineRelative() was working flawlessly this afternoon. Now suddenly it seems not working because no lines are shown on the chart. I didn't not made any change to the efs and I checked the drawLineRelative() parameters right before drawLineRelative() is called and saw no anything wrong. Is there any known bug in eSignal 10.6 related to such error?

clearpicks

I tried to remove all studies and reapplied the study, the lines are still not shown although drawLineRelative() is called. Actually all my existing efs files calling drawLineRelative() failed to display any lines on the chart. Then I closed the current chart and created a new chart using the default chart template which has not been changed after eSignal 10.6 was installed on this computer yesterday, all scripts calling drawLineRelative() are working correctly. I believe there must be some bug in eSignal efs engine causing such problem. I installed eSignal 10.6 yesterday after reinstalling windows xp on this laptop. I was using eSignal 10.1 on my desktop and installed eSignal 10.4 and 10.5 on two other computers but did not use them often. Therefore I am not sure whether such problem exists in eSignal 10.4 and 10.5 or not.

Comment

clearpicks,

I'm using 10.5 (on 64-bit Vista) and haven't seen the problem you're describing.

I use drawLineRelative() on both price and non-price studies, usually with one or more lines per bar.

I've used various time templates. However, my lines don't traverse any "market closed" periods.

Things I know can make lines not appear:

Line color same as chart.

Lines not within the "scaling" of the chart. Note lines do not cause scaling to be adjusted so the lines show up on the chart.

Bar indexes for drawLineRelative "plus" getCurrentBarIndex() is off the chart.

Another or the same drawing function using the same tagID. I usually do something like drawLineRelative(..., myTagID++);

Calling clearLines()
      Last edited by shortandlong; 01-13-2010, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X