Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• close(-1,inv("D")) Returns null

Hi,

I am using close(-1,inv("D")) to return the settlement close of the prior day on an intraday study. Prior to 24Nov2008 I get a value of null (This is true for both ES #F and YM #F). I have subscribed to Extended Intraday data and have verified that I am getting data on my chart back to at least 02Jan2008. I am also able to get open and close values back to 02Jan2008 when I use Intraday intervals with the inv() parameter.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks,
    Greg Schroeder

Just verified that close(-1,inv("W")) also returns values back to 02Jan2008. Seems it does not work only when using the daily interval.

Greg

Comment

Re: close(-1,inv("D&quot) Returns null

Greg
      See this thread on a similar topic
      Alex

Originally posted by GregSchroeder
      Hi,

I am using close(-1,inv("D")) to return the settlement close of the prior day on an intraday study. Prior to 24Nov2008 I get a value of null (This is true for both ES #F and YM #F). I have subscribed to Extended Intraday data and have verified that I am getting data on my chart back to at least 02Jan2008. I am also able to get open and close values back to 02Jan2008 when I use Intraday intervals with the inv() parameter.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks,
      Greg Schroeder

Comment

Greg
        The reason you are getting the weekly data filled in is because 300 bars of weekly data [assuming you are using a Dynamic template for that interval] will go as far back as mid 2004 so it extends well beyond the period covered by the intraday data
        Alex

Just verified that close(-1,inv("W")) also returns values back to 02Jan2008. Seems it does not work only when using the daily interval.

Greg

Comment

Alex,

You are amazing. I don't know how you keep track of all the nuances of programming with efs.

Thanks for all your help!

Greg

Comment

Greg
            You are most welcome and thank you for the kind words
            Alex

Alex,

You are amazing. I don't know how you keep track of all the nuances of programming with efs.

Thanks for all your help!

Greg

Comment

Working...
            X