Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling an EFS formula that doesnt return a series object

Hi all,

I have purchased an encrypted EFS formula that shows a number of indicators such as volume (high, low) and spread (wide, narrow). I have been trying to call this formula (efs) using efsExternal but have had no luck. The vendor support desk has told me that this is not possible as the formula doesn't return a series object.

I don't understand how it would be possible to display the different indicators without returning a series object. Does anyone know if this is correct? And if so is there any other way that I can access the indicator values?

Thanks

Re: Calling an EFS formula that doesnt return a series object

hi craigavil,

To return a value to a chart, an efs includes the value in a return statement which will be sent to the chart. If there ise more than a single value, the values are returned as an array. If any value is returned as a string, it will not go to the chart, but instead will only go to the cursor window.

If the returned values are displayed on the chart, it is likely they can be accessed using the efsExternal() function. If they are returned as a string, they are not accessible.

While your custom study does not return a series object, the efs2 engine will take the return values and convert them to series object(s) that can be accessed.

I assume your custom study has different arguments that are required to be supplied to the main functions to allow you to customize, length, color, etc. To use efsExternal, you are responsible to provide those values (as I remember). Read up on it, there are a number of links below to threads in the forum which discuss how to do this in detail. Further info is available through the knowledge-base and glossary.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Originally posted by craigavil
    Hi all,

I have purchased an encrypted EFS formula that shows a number of indicators such as volume (high, low) and spread (wide, narrow). I have been trying to call this formula (efs) using efsExternal but have had no luck. The vendor support desk has told me that this is not possible as the formula doesn't return a series object.

I don't understand how it would be possible to display the different indicators without returning a series object. Does anyone know if this is correct? And if so is there any other way that I can access the indicator values?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X