ema for a different interval - not based on close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ema for a different interval - not based on close

I have a study running on a one minute chart that wants to access information for the same symbol based on a 10 minute interval.

I have looked at the description of inv() and it says that it returns a "series object of the close series". However I want to access the ema(5,low()) of the 10 minute chart.

If I code xMAL10=ema(5,low(),inv(10)) it returns the value from the 1 minute interval based on the low.

If I code xMAL10=ema(5,inv(10)) it returns the value from the 10 minute interval but based on the close not the low.

Is there anyway to do what I require?

Richard

Re: ema for a different interval - not based on close

Richard
    See this thread for a relatively complete set of examples on the required syntax
    Alex

Originally posted by richthomas
    I have a study running on a one minute chart that wants to access information for the same symbol based on a 10 minute interval.

I have looked at the description of inv() and it says that it returns a "series object of the close series". However I want to access the ema(5,low()) of the 10 minute chart.

If I code xMAL10=ema(5,low(),inv(10)) it returns the value from the 1 minute interval based on the low.

If I code xMAL10=ema(5,inv(10)) it returns the value from the 10 minute interval but based on the close not the low.

Is there anyway to do what I require?

Richard

Comment

Thanks Alex. That's exactly what I needed.

Comment

Richard
        You are welcome
        Alex

Originally posted by richthomas
        Thanks Alex. That's exactly what I needed.

Comment

Working...
        X