Triggered Alerts Email Alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triggered Alerts Email Alerts

I have a EFS indicator that uses Triggered Alerts, the triggered alerts works fine, it alerts me when the conditions are met in the script.

My question is there anything special I have to do when the triggered alerts go off, to also Email me??

I've read numerous threads about this subject, and it seems that this capability exists, but I am not sure if there is something else I have to have coded in the indicator, or else some setting I am missing within Esignal.

I do have the email alerts working fine for price alerts, etc. so my email settings, SMTP server, etc is working fine. No problems there.

ANy suggestions?

Re: Triggered Alerts Email Alerts

cv989
    Use the Alert.email() function to send emails from an efs (for the required syntax see the link to the related article in the EFS KnowledgeBase)
    Alex

Originally posted by cv989
    I have a EFS indicator that uses Triggered Alerts, the triggered alerts works fine, it alerts me when the conditions are met in the script.

My question is there anything special I have to do when the triggered alerts go off, to also Email me??

I've read numerous threads about this subject, and it seems that this capability exists, but I am not sure if there is something else I have to have coded in the indicator, or else some setting I am missing within Esignal.

I do have the email alerts working fine for price alerts, etc. so my email settings, SMTP server, etc is working fine. No problems there.

ANy suggestions?

Comment

After doing some additional research I found that EFS can support the function:
      alert.email(sbody, [ssubject], [bprefix]

If I add this below my routine for the alert.addtolist do I simply add the body of the email, the subject, etc?

Comment

Alexis, we must have been typing at the same time.!!

I will review this link you posted,
        Thanks!

Comment

This is what I was searching, for;

This is the code I have at the moment for the alert window and also the email setting that got working, question is there anyway to pass the symbol for the alert into the email??

Alert.addToList(getSymbol(),"Potential Buy (Setting up)",Color.black,Color.blue);
          Alert.email(getSymbol(), "Potential Buy (Setting Up, "!!")";

I am trying to pass the symbol into the email..

Comment

cv989
            The symbol is already included by default. See the comment for the the prefix parameter in the article I linked
            If you want the symbol in the body of the message use the getSymbol() function and concatenate that to the text string
            Alex

Originally posted by cv989
            This is what I was searching, for;

This is the code I have at the moment for the alert window and also the email setting that got working, question is there anyway to pass the symbol for the alert into the email??

Alert.addToList(getSymbol(),"Potential Buy (Setting up)",Color.black,Color.blue);
            Alert.email(getSymbol(), "Potential Buy (Setting Up, "!!")";

I am trying to pass the symbol into the email..

Comment

Working...
            X