Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about dsgetTickValue()

The doc for dsGetTickValue() says:

"This function uses an algorithm that is very accurate when used in conjunction with intraday bars but less accurate when used with daily bars or larger. In addition, the algorithm is rather processor intensive so this function should be called only when really needed. "

Huh???

The specs.tab file has all of the minimum tick values for futures contracts. eSignal charting already relies on this file for the ruler and the y-axis labeling.

How about replacing Chris's 'algorithm' with the same easy lookup that you do anyway as part of creating a chart? There shouldn't be any guesswork involved and the simple answer retrieved by this function should not have anything to do with what timeframe it's retrieved on or be "processor intensive".

In fact, it should probably be extended to allow me to find the minimum tick value of any symbol, no matter if it's the currently charted symbol or not.

There's a function already provided by the EFS that I'm asking for called getMinTick(). There's an optional parameter to specify a symbol different than the current chart:

I've been relying on the CHM documentation files (eSignalEFS2.chm, dsUtilities.chm and dsFunctions.chm) distributed with the eSignal installation as being kept current. Hmm, getInvokerID() is not in the CHM files either.

eSignal Staff, could you please recreate the CHM files you distribute to reflect all of the EFS functions you provide?

Thanks.

Comment

SteveH
      You may want to read this reply by Jason on a similar topic
      Alex

Originally posted by SteveH
      There's a function already provided by the EFS that I'm asking for called getMinTick(). There's an optional parameter to specify a symbol different than the current chart:

I've been relying on the CHM documentation files (eSignalEFS2.chm, dsUtilities.chm and dsFunctions.chm) distributed with the eSignal installation as being kept current. Hmm, getInvokerID() is not in the CHM files either.

eSignal Staff, could you please recreate the CHM files you distribute to reflect all of the EFS functions you provide?

Thanks.

Comment

Alexis,

I have no problem with the online docs being the primary resource. But the point I'm trying to make to the eSignal Staff is that all new releases of the eSignal software should contain the most up-to-date documentation (in the CHM files) at the time of the release.

getInvokerID() isn't in the distributed docs and hasn't been for over 2 years now.

getMinTick() isn't documented in the CHM files either.

The currently distributed esignalEFS2.chm still incorrectly states that initLibrary() and shutdownLibrary() are called during creation and tear-down of a loaded library. The correct calls are initLib() and shutdownLib() (mentioned in the online docs).

Comment

Working...
        X