• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting moving average ON TOP of price bars

Can this be done now, and if so, how?

Thanks,

Steven Miller

As far as I know you can only do this by dragging the price study below the indicator (moving avg) in the "Edit Studies" window.

Right click on the chart, select "Edit Studies" then drag the price/stock to the bottom of the list. The priority of display in the chart is determined by the chronological order of the study in the "Edit Studies" window.

See below:
    Attached Files

Comment

I do the same as waynecd (he's probably the person who showed me how to do it). Works fine.

Note, as waynecd's image below shows, that studies/chart are executed/charted starting with the BOTTOM of the list. The TOP of the list is executed/charted last, so it will be on TOP.

I also use ordering of studies to control order of EFS execution within a single chart. For example, I'll use it when one EFS computes a Global Value (set/getGlobalValue() functions) and another EFS uses the value. If the EFS computing the Global Value isn't executed first the second EFS will always be behind by one tick.

Note you can even re-order the Price and Non-price studies so the Price chart is below the Non-price studies. (I needed to do this because my Price study set the Global Value and my Non-price study used it.)
      Last edited by shortandlong; 01-29-2010, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X