Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing cursor labels

Hi experts,
    I am looking for simple functionality in an efs, I have drawn some lines(support and resistance), and would like to have these entries removed from my cursor window. I don't see how one might do that. I have tried setCursorLabelName("",0);
    In the attached file, I have four purple lines and in the cursor window I have the levels 920,922,924,926... I need my cursor window to be clean and crisp!

Ignore the piece below as it is probably an efs language enhancement request.

Also, I noticed that I had to set a style for each line that I'm drawing. Sometimes the number of lines is variable. Is there any way that I can set the style for a particular range. e.g. I want 0-10 lines to look this color this style, and 10-20 lines another style. This way when I draw my lines, I can return arrays of 10 elements, but with some 0s.

Peter
    Attached Files
    Last edited by plf58; 11-26-2002, 05:38 PM.

Re: Reply to post 'removing cursor labels'

setCursorLabelName(".",0); might draw something pretty small

----- Original Message -----
    From: "eSignal Bulletin Board Mailer" <[email protected]>
    To: <[email protected]>
    Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 8:36 PM
    Subject: Reply to post 'removing cursor labels'

> Hello dloomis,
    >
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >

Comment

turning off data in cursor window

Peter

To remove indicator data from your cursor window right click on the window and uncheck that study.

Does that address your problem?

Peter

ps

you can also turn off all the annoying price highlights in the price field by right clicking in that field and unchecking indicators
      /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Comment

A big suggestion here...use the drawLine commands. The values don't show up in the cursor window, you can draw and delete lines anywhere at any time, and it is really why this was added to eSignal.

Look HERE for more info.
        Garth

Comment

Garth and ZigZag,
          That did the trick. Thanks a lot.
          Peter

Comment

regarding drawLineAbsolute/drawLineRelative

Hi Garth and folks,
            I am trying to figure out what to specify for X1 and x2. For example, I simply need to draw horizontal lines preferably for th current day. Looking at the code below. I just got the idea for currentBarIndex from an archive search. For some reason, esignal isn't happy about my drawLineAbsolute such as Invalid number of arguments(80 for drawLineAbsolute).
            My Sample:
            var x1=getCurrentBarIndex();
            drawLineAbsolute(x1,930,x1,930,PS_SOLID,3,Color.Wh ite);
            Peter

Comment

drawLineAbsolute

I would try

drawLineAbsolute(15,930,15,930,PS_SOLID,3,Color.Wh ite);

and see what happens.

Maybe it will draw a line at 930 for 15 bars into the past.

Comment

Re: regarding drawLineAbsolute/drawLineRelative

Originally posted by plf58
                Hi Garth and folks,
                I am trying to figure out what to specify for X1 and x2. For example, I simply need to draw horizontal lines preferably for th current day. Looking at the code below. I just got the idea for currentBarIndex from an archive search. For some reason, esignal isn't happy about my drawLineAbsolute such as Invalid number of arguments(80 for drawLineAbsolute).
                My Sample:
                var x1=getCurrentBarIndex();
                drawLineAbsolute(x1,930,x1,930,PS_SOLID,3,Color.Wh ite);
                Peter
                Hi Peter,

All the drawLine commands have a 8th parameter, which is a unique label. Typically I just use a counter and increment it after each use of drawLine:

Var vLabel = 0;

drawLineAbsolute(x1,930,x1,930,PS_SOLID,3,Color.Wh ite, vLabel);

vLabel++;

In addition some information on drawLine. You have chosen drawLineAbsolute, which has some characteristics you might not want. Look
                HERE under the fileformularef.doc (go figure huh?) text is described in this doc at the start, but if you look lower, you will find the line commands as well.

Hope this helps.

Garth
                Garth

Comment

drawLine documentation

Garth,
                  happy holidays. I looked under fileformularef.doc, but there is not documentation about drawLIne. Let me tell you what I want to do. It is very simple. I just want to display my trades graphically. E.g. for shorts, I would place a blue bar above the entry bar and then when I close the position place a red or green bar on top of the exit bar depending on whether it was a profitable trade or not.
                  I am specifically interested in figuring out how to set the X axis.

var vTime = getValue("Time"); Is there anyway for me to convert this time into milliseconds so I could compare that against a value that I have read in a file?

One other question was whether you knew of any efs that could read from a flat file and display in advanced charting.. I could write it, but..
                  Peter

Comment

Hi,

That was my fault, sorry. It is in the same location HERE , but the name is textformularef.doc. Sorry for having you chase down the wrong reference.

var vTime = getValue("Time"); Is there anyway for me to convert this time into milliseconds so I could compare that against a value that I have read in a file?

If you can use seconds, rather than milliseconds as the smallest unit of time, I would suggest using the:
                    getYear(...)
                    getMonth(...)
                    getDay(...)
                    getHour(...)
                    getMinute(...)
                    getSecond(...)
                    rather than a call to getValue("Time");. getSecond() et al, uses the rawtime interface which is much lighter weight than the getValue("Time") interface.

side note: rawtime is just getValue("rawtime");, which returns the number of seconds since 1/1/1970. getSecond() will do the work of calling rawtime for you and apply the proper mask so that you only get the number of seconds that has passed.

if you have to have milliseconds, I'm not sure of how to accomplish this, as I think it is a finer resolution than rawtime or the date object will provide.

One other question was whether you knew of any efs that could read from a flat file and display in advanced charting.. I could write it, but..
                    In this case you would read it using the file commands (much as you wrote the data), but it is up to you code to do something with the data that you read. There is no direct way to say: "take this file data and display it on an advace chart" - but you can use the string methods to parse/manipulate the data and drawline (or whatever) to display it. See This for more info on string methods.

Hope this helps.
                    Garth

Comment

Do the functions

getYear(...)
                      getMonth(...)
                      getDay(...)
                      getHour(...)
                      getMinute(...)
                      getSecond(...)

refer to the last bar or to the current computer time?

Comment

Working...
                      X