Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reload formula within EFS code

Hi All,

Is it possible to reload a formula within the EFS code?

The reason I ask is because I've got a formula running which has worked really well for me for about 6 months now, but after a certain thing happens it doesn't seem to behave properly all the time (sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't) and I cannot pinpoint the problem. My EFS formula saves it's situation to a file after every trade and loads that file when the formula is reloaded. If I reload the formula it works 100% of the time.

So what I'd like to be able to do is after the particular thing happens that sometimes causes unpredictable behaviour I just want to be able to reload the formula on the chart (same as right clicking on the Chart, going to 'Reload' and selecting the formula). Is there any command I can use to force this to happen through the EFS formula itself?

Hope this all makes sense.

Cheers,
    - Will

There is a function "reloadEFS()".

When called, this function forces the current EFS file to be reloaded by the chart. Note that the values set in any external variables will be preserved during the reload process. External variables are any variables that are declared outside of a function (such as preMain() or main() ).

The development team advises caution and states that there is some unpredictability associated with this function. If setup correctly, it can be used successfully. I use it and have never had an issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Ryan.

Comment

Thanks Ryan I'll give it a shot!!!

Comment

Working...
      X