Kaufman Adaptive MA reload problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaufman Adaptive MA reload problem

I downloaded the KAMA study and really like it. The problem is that the ma's will get very spikey and out of whack. I keep having to reload them to get them back in line, and each time I do it is moving them around even for previous bars. Any ideas what the problem may be? I am using them on a 300 tick chart. Perhaps they are not built to handle tick charts?

current screen shot of problem

I am attempting to attach a shot of what it looks like.
    Attached Files

Comment

Bluemoon
      You may want to try the version of the AMA that is available at the following link.

So far this is the best implementation I have found of this study.
      There are two versions available in that group, one of which has Keltner-like bands. The one with bands has an added advantage in that the Source can be selected through Edit Studies. If interested I have modified that version by removing the bands while retaining the Source selection option.
      Alex

Comment

Alex: Thanks for the heads up. The version with the bands appears to follow the KAMA I already have most closely, but I am not big on using the bands as they take up too much space. I would definitely like to see the version you tweaked without the bands if you care to post that. Thanks very much.

Comment

Bluemoon
          Here it is attached.
          Alex
          Attached Files

Comment

Problem with AMA, AMA2

I've had this AMA2.efs downloaded and have been using it for more than 6 months already. It just started having problems yesterday just a few minutes before the FOMC announcement, and it's causing the data on my 1min chart to display nothing.
            The same goes for Chris Kryza's KAMA.efs.

Does anybody have the same problem? Or does anybody have the solution?

Thanks,
            wavetrader

Comment

wavetrader
              While I look further into the issue of the ama2.efs that seems to be caused by a series of closes all at the same price here is a fix that should get it running again.
              Alex
              Attached Files

Comment

That worked!

Thanks Alexis! That got it displaying again.

I wonder if all the other authors of AMA efs's should be made aware of this, including Chris Kryza.

Again, thanks for the quick response.

wavetrader

Comment

wavetrader
                  FYI you may want to check here as I believe Chris Kryza has updated the KAMA.efs
                  Alex

Comment

Working...
                  X