Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• efs on quote boards

Hi

I have been meaning to program some simple EFS's but i have a few questions before I start

1) Can I add an EFS to an instrument that is displayed in a quote board, or on an instrument in a page that is not open/active? Does the chart for an EFS have to be active all the time?

or alternatively, can I add an alert (by right clicking an instrument in the quote board) that is not simply price / volume parameter, but also a MA cross or something like that.

2) Can i export/write data from an EFS into another file? Say i have an EFS that produces a simple print statement when initiated, could I export that txt to somewhere else (like a DB)

3) this is sort of off topic, but has anyone seen a VWAP indicator for eSignal that has StDeviation bands?

Thank you in advance, I really like eSignal and I hope to be able to learn how to program on it

Re: efs on quote boards

eurostoxx

1) Can I add an EFS to an instrument that is displayed in a quote board, or on an instrument in a page that is not open/active? Does the chart for an EFS have to be active all the time?
    At this time an EFS can run only in a chart in an active Page or Layout or in the Back Tester

or alternatively, can I add an alert (by right clicking an instrument in the quote board) that is not simply price / volume parameter, but also a MA cross or something like that.
    That functionality is not available at this time

2) Can i export/write data from an EFS into another file? Say i have an EFS that produces a simple print statement when initiated, could I export that txt to somewhere else (like a DB)
    You can write to a file using the File Object
    You can also export to an Excel spreadsheet using the DDEOutput Object

3) this is sort of off topic, but has anyone seen a VWAP indicator for eSignal that has StDeviation bands?
    Try searching the forum and you should find an example of how to do this as the topic has been discussed before
    Alex

Originally posted by eurostoxx
    Hi

I have been meaning to program some simple EFS's but i have a few questions before I start

Thank you in advance, I really like eSignal and I hope to be able to learn how to program on it

Comment

Working...
    X