• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSAR and GetParabolicStudy

The function ref lists usage for the Get PSAR as
    study.getValue(GetParabolicStudy.STOP);
    what is the STOP parameter?

Why are GET results different than PSAR - is there a way to make them the same?

Re: PSAR and GetParabolicStudy

pj909

That is not a parameter but the member of the GetParabolicStudy() function

While they appear to be different they will actually reverse at the same value on the same bar. The difference is that the PSAR is calculated dynamically and will back away from the real time bar up to [but not exceeding] the prior SAR value before reversing. If you want them to also look the same on historical bars just displace the PSAR forward by one period
    Alex

Originally posted by pj909
    The function ref lists usage for the Get PSAR as
    study.getValue(GetParabolicStudy.STOP);

Comment

Thanks Alexis.

I can't even get the built-in SAR function to match the Basic PSAR Study (let alone the Get study). They reverse at the same point and start off almost the same (but not always an exact match) at a reversal but the divergence increases steadily until they reverse again.
      xStudy = sar(0.02, 0.02, .2, close() );

As for matching the Get value I'm having a problem with syntax - if I add the offset as shown here, the study dissapppears.
      xStudy = sar(0.02, 0.02, .2, close(), -1 );

Comment

pj909

I can't even get the built-in SAR function to match the Basic PSAR Study (let alone the Get study)
        Try running the basicParabolicSAR.efs or the customParabolicSAR.efs which are included respectively in the EFS2 Basic and EFS2 Custom folders of Formulas and you will see that the output from the function matches the one in Basic Studies

They reverse at the same point and start off almost the same (but not always an exact match) at a reversal but the divergence increases steadily until they reverse again.
        That is because you are using close() as the source which will cause it to calculate the Parabolic differently. You need to remove the source if you want to have the function calculate the indicator as in Basic Studies
        If you then implement the suggestion I posted in my previous reply the sar() function will return the same values of the GET Parabolic

if I add the offset as shown here, the study dissapppears.
        At my end the function written as you have it is plotting fine
        Alex

Originally posted by pj909
        Thanks Alexis.

I can't even get the built-in SAR function to match the Basic PSAR Study (let alone the Get study). They reverse at the same point and start off almost the same (but not always an exact match) at a reversal but the divergence increases steadily until they reverse again.

As for matching the Get value I'm having a problem with syntax - if I add the offset as shown here, the study dissapppears.

Comment

Working...
        X