Demand Index reload problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demand Index reload problem

I downloaded the DemandIndex.efs and I'm using it in conjunction with the Blau Candlestick oscillator, and I really like it -it works well for me...

HOWEVER, the Demand Index gets out of whack after a few bars, and I have to keep reloading it. After reloading it, it goes out of whack again after another few bars.

I posted a note in TSSupport forum 2 weeks ago, but have not received any help.

Can somebody please look into this? (I tried to do it, but I'm an efs newbie.)

Thanks.

ps. in the chart, the Demand Index is the light-blue line.
    Attached Files

Addendum

ADDENDUM to my first post:

Here's what the Demand Index looked like after I re-loaded it.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Wavetrader,

I have corrected this type of problem a number of times with various EFS's. If you can either post the code here or a link to the code I will look into fixing this.

I have a fair amount of stuff on my plate, so it may take me a few days to get to it, but it should only take a hour or so to fix after that (well fix and test).

Garth
      Garth

Comment

Thanks Garth. I really appreciate the help.

Here it is. DemandIndex

Comment

Wavetrader,

Here you go, I tested it on 1 min ES just now and it looks good. If you run into problems with it during normal hours (with the added volume, etc) let me know, but I think it should be fine.

I commented the changes I made in case you find another EFS with the same problem, you know how to fix it.

Garth
          Attached Files
          Garth

Comment

wavetrader,

Did this work for you? Seemed to work for me all day yesterday...

Garth
            Garth

Comment

Re: Demand Index reload problem

Hi Alex,

After you kindly tweaked the attached efs for me, I now get the problems the person was getting as described in his post. I wonder if you could further assist me in eliminating the reload problems.

As always I really appreciate your help.

Cheers

Carlton

Originally posted by wavetrader
              I downloaded the DemandIndex.efs and I'm using it in conjunction with the Blau Candlestick oscillator, and I really like it -it works well for me...

HOWEVER, the Demand Index gets out of whack after a few bars, and I have to keep reloading it. After reloading it, it goes out of whack again after another few bars.

I posted a note in TSSupport forum 2 weeks ago, but have not received any help.

Can somebody please look into this? (I tried to do it, but I'm an efs newbie.)

Thanks.

ps. in the chart, the Demand Index is the light-blue line.
              Attached Files

Comment

Carlton
                When you added the conditions in lines 129-135 you omitted to put a closing brace in line 128 (for the conditions in lines 122-127) and placed it instead in line 141.
                The attached efs restores the brace in the correct position
                Alex
                Attached Files

Comment

Alex,

Once again, thanks mate.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Working...
                  X