Manage more than 2 securities on one script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manage more than 2 securities on one script

Hello, as a new bird, I am wondering if i is possible to manage more than two securities within one EFS script? For example, I would like to compare Price of IBM and APPL in one chart, and make actions based on their relationship. But how do I differeciate these two stocks in coding? Expecting your solution. Thank you!

Re: Manage more than 2 securities on one script

teresali
    An efs can access up to 7 external intervals and/or symbols [ie intervals and/or symbols that are different from the one being charted]
    This can be accomplished through the use of the inv() and sym() functions (for the description and syntax of these functions together with examples of their use see the linked articles in the EFS KnowledgeBase)
    For more examples of the use of these functions see the formulas in the EFS2 Custom folder of Formulas in your eSignal directory as these are all enabled for multuple symbols and/or intervals
    Also try searching the forums as there are literally hundreds of other examples available as this topic has been covered at length before
    Alex

Originally posted by teresali
    Hello, as a new bird, I am wondering if i is possible to manage more than two securities within one EFS script? For example, I would like to compare Price of IBM and APPL in one chart, and make actions based on their relationship. But how do I differeciate these two stocks in coding? Expecting your solution. Thank you!

Comment

Re: Re: Manage more than 2 securities on one script

Sorry, but where could I find the EFS2 Custom Folder? Is it a knowledge base item?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
      ...For more examples of the use of these functions see the formulas in the EFS2 Custom folder of Formulas in your eSignal directory as these are all enabled for multuple symbols and/or intervals
      Alex

Comment

-

tinker70
        It is in the Formulas folder of your eSignal directory
        Alex

Originally posted by tinker70
        Sorry, but where could I find the EFS2 Custom Folder? Is it a knowledge base item?

Thanks.

Comment

Re: -

Duh, of course! Sorry about that.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
          tinker70
          It is in the Formulas folder of your eSignal directory
          Alex

Comment

Re: Re: -

tinker70