Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLLs & C++

Hi,

Does coding studies using C++ & DLLs provide any advantages over javascripting.

Does it prevent processing lags that occur during very active markets?

Any knowledgeable insights would be appreciated.

I am considering learning C++ just to improve chart response for day trading during heavy market activity.

Thanks

Wayne

Wayne,

At this point, I'm not so sure that eSignal charting could keep up during peak data accelerations in the market if you had 10 chart windows open with no Javascript running in them.

If that statement is not true, then someone in their development team should be able to tell us, on average, what the maximum processing time each of those 10 windows has available in order not to show lag during high data throughputs, like when the Fed announces.

v11 is likely to solve these issues since it's a complete redesign with multi-threading and multi-core CPUs. Javascript will be faster in v11 too, so we'll see what happens.

This isn't to deter you from learning C/C++. Knock yourself out. It won't be a total waste of your time even if it doesn't work. My opinion though, based on 20+ years of software development experience, is that the problems run deeper than anything we could ever do at a scripting level.

Comment

Hi SteveH,

I really appreciate the response. Good insight.

Wayne

Comment

Working...
      X