How often does Main() get evaluated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often does Main() get evaluated?

If I am looking at the SPY daily chart and running a custom built indicator, does anybody know how often the Main() function is called and evaluated?

The reason I ask is that I have built a small autotrading platform that will submit trades to Interactive Brokers when a certain set of signals gives a BUY / SELL indication. I am concerned that as the signals evaluate, there is a chance of the trades oscillating between a buy and sell condition.

Any help would be appreciated.....
    Last edited by AliFancy; 08-23-2010, 08:23 AM.

Re: How often does Main() get evaluated?

AliFancy
    main() is executed once on every historical bar as the formula loads in the chart and then on every tick received in real time unless the formula is specifically set to compute on close only using either the global compute on close setting [Tool-> EFS-> Settings] or a setComputeOnClose() statement
    Alex

Originally posted by AliFancy
    If I am looking at the SPY daily chart and running a custom built indicator, does anybody know how often the Main() function is called and evaluated?

The reason I ask is that I have built a small autotrading platform that will submit trades to Interactive Brokers when a certain set of signals gives a BUY / SELL indication. I am concerned that as the signals evaluate, there is a chance of the trades oscillating between a buy and sell condition.

Any help would be appreciated.....

Comment

Working...
    X