Plotting Future Values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plotting Future Values

I know this is in here somewhere, but I can't find it. I'm trying to shift a series 20 bars forward using:

return offsetSeries( HVol, 20 ) ;

The values in the series are correct but the plot doesn't extend beyond the last bar on the chart, and I was expecting it to plot 20 more values after the last bar. Can someone help me find out what I need to change to get these values plotted?

Thanks.

Re: Plotting Future Values

Rla1js
    An efs will only plot [ie return values to a chart] where there are price bars
    To do what you want you will need to create your own facsimile of the plot by drawing it using the drawLineRelative() function [see the EFS KnowledgeBase for the syntax required by that function]. In your specific case you would need to draw each of the 20 segments of the line after the current bar
    Alex

Originally posted by Rla1js
    I know this is in here somewhere, but I can't find it. I'm trying to shift a series 20 bars forward using:

return offsetSeries( HVol, 20 ) ;

The values in the series are correct but the plot doesn't extend beyond the last bar on the chart, and I was expecting it to plot 20 more values after the last bar. Can someone help me find out what I need to change to get these values plotted?

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks, Alex, I tried it and it works great. I appreciate your quick response.

Comment

Rla1js
        You are most welcome
        Alex

Originally posted by Rla1js
        Thanks, Alex, I tried it and it works great. I appreciate your quick response.

Comment

Working...
        X