Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can studies appear in front of price bars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can studies appear in front of price bars?

Hello:

I've been testing an efs price study for the PLDot indicator, which is part of Drummond Geometry.

I've adapted a formula I found in the forum for New Study Suggestions. The calculation in the efs works, but the PLDot needs to appear shifted forward one bar and superimposed on / in front of the price bars/candles, so it can be seen in relation to where it appears on a candle/bar. I've been able to shift the dots forward one bar by using drawTextRelative. But the dots appear behind the bars. Is it possible to have the dots appear in front of the price bars?

Re: Can studies appear in front of price bars?

jt_trader
    Right click on the chart and select Edit Studies from the context menu. Then in the Studies list click and drag the desired study so that it is listed above the symbol (you can accomplish this also using the buttons visible on top of the list). The z-order of the studies displayed in the chart is determined by the order in which these are listed in the Studies list [ie topmost listed study displays on top in the chart].
    Alex

Originally posted by jt_trader
    Hello:

I've been testing an efs price study for the PLDot indicator, which is part of Drummond Geometry.

I've adapted a formula I found in the forum for New Study Suggestions. The calculation in the efs works, but the PLDot needs to appear shifted forward one bar and superimposed on / in front of the price bars/candles, so it can be seen in relation to where it appears on a candle/bar. I've been able to shift the dots forward one bar by using drawTextRelative. But the dots appear behind the bars. Is it possible to have the dots appear in front of the price bars?

Comment

Thanks Alexis:
      It works like a charm.

Comment

jt_trader
        You are most welcome
        Alex

Originally posted by jt_trader
        Thanks Alexis:
        It works like a charm.

Comment

Working...