Candle Outline Color Alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candle Outline Color Alerts

Does anyone have code that outlines price candles in color when an alert condition is met? In Edit Studies, the candle outline color can be controlled, so using EFS maybe its possible to create outlines as a means of displaying an alert. Compared to a SetFgColor alert, the benefit of an outline color alert is that the up/down candle color remains visible.

Thanks.

Lancer
    Here is the setPriceBarColor command with the optional parameters for candlesticks
    setPriceBarColor(Color, [WickColor], [bThinWick], [bHollow]);
    Parameters in [] are optional. Example:
    setPriceBarColor(Color.red,Color.black,true,false) ;
    Alex

Comment

Alex,

Doesn't look like there's a parameter in there to create the outline and define outline color. (The interior of the candle remains solid, displaying the up/down colors.) Maybe "outline" is an undocumented parameter?

Comment

Is

setColorPriceBars(true);

also required in preMain?

Comment

Lancer
          No there is no parameter for the outline color but using the [bhollow] parameter you can obtain the desired effect.
          As an example you may want to see this thread.

David
          Yes you do need to have setColorPriceBars(true); in preMain().

Alex

Comment

Alex, if the parameter "hollow" is used, the color of the interior of the candle is the same as the chart background, and the wick is the only part of the candle still showing the up/down color. Using "hollow", how is the interior candle body displayed solid and in the up/down color?

Comment

Lancer
              Check the thread I suggested in my prior message.
              Alex

Comment

I did. Must be missing something. Reread it, and looked at the EFS code. That doesn't do it. What I'm looking for is a candle body outline in the alert color (e.g. yellow), with the wick and interior of the candle remaining in the up/down (green/red) color. The objective is that alert candles appear exactly the same as solid-bodied non-alert candles except that alert candles have a yellow outline. What am I missing in that thread?

Comment

Lancer
                  I misunderstood what you were asking.
                  No, I don't believe that particular combination can be done. You can paint the wick in yellow and the body in the Up/Down color but the body itself will not be outlined.
                  Alex

Comment

In Edit Studies, candles can be configured to display as I've described, so I thought it could be done using EFS.

To get the effect in Edit Studies, the settings are:
                    Up Candle: Green
                    Down Candle: Red
                    Candle Outline: Yellow
                    Use Up & Down Bar Color for Candle Wicks: Check
                    Show Thin Candle Wicks: Check
                    Outline Candles: Check
                    Use Outline Color to Outline Candles: Check

Anyone know how to get the same display (on alert conditions) using EFS?

Comment

Hello Lancer,

I don't believe that ability is exposed to EFS currently. However, it's a great idea and I like the effect. Please submit a suggestion for this feature to [email protected].
                      Jason K.
                      Project Manager
                      eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
                      JavaScript for EFS Video Series
                      EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
                      EFS Glossary
                      Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Dang, OK, I'll put that in as an improvement request. Thanks for the help Alex and Jason.

Comment

Working...
                        X