background.efs by Alexis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• background.efs by Alexis

This file is a great start for doing exactly what I was thinking earlier. Unfortunately, I am just beginning to get into writing .efs files and want the background to change based on other criteria and don't have a clue yet how to do these. A little help with these three would be nice.
    These would all be used on 3 seperate charts of coarse.
    1. change the background color when 2 moving averages cross
    2. change the background color when the price itself crosses a moving average.
    3. change the background color when the price touches the upper or lower bollinger band.
    Thanks for any help.

Hello Scorp,

If you haven't found these already, here are a few resources that will help you with your EFS development efforts.

EFS Help Center & Library
    You will find a collection of EFS functions reference material as well as code examples. There is also a nice collection of existing formulas that will give you some good examples of how to code various routines. Please check out the Formula Wizard guide here also. You should be able to create your 3 formulas using the wizard. Here is your the third one created with the Formula Wizard, BollingerStudy.efs.

EFS Help File
    Here you will find a couple of downloadable versions of our EFS function reference material. One of our EFS consultants, Divergence Software, Inc., created these tools.

Core JavaScript Guide 1.5
    Core JavaScript Reference 1.5
    Visit these resources to learn more about core JavaScript programming, which is the engine for EFS. All the function reference material in the EFS Help File and the Help Center outline our extensions to the JavaScript 1.5 engine.

Have fun,
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Scorp
      In addition to Jason's suggestions there is also the less elegant but very efficient 'cut and paste' method.
      Just to give you an example if you take one of the revisited builtins I posted recently such as the basicMA.efs (see this thread) and you take parts of the background efs available here and you combine them you can come up with the attached efs that colors the background according to the close being above or below the moving average.
      If you want the background to change color based on the crossover of 2 MAs then use the basicMAx2.efs also available in the builtin revisited thread and apply the same procedure.
      Hope this helps
      Alex
      Attached Files

Comment

Got it Alex, this is sinking in faster than I thought also. Appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
        X