600 bars max loaded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 600 bars max loaded?

I've got an .efs formula that I'm trying to use on a chart with 1026 days on it.

I have this line in the formula:
    debugPrintln( "For " + getSymbol() + ": 2YrLow is: " + lowest(512, low()) + ", 2YrHigh is: " + highest(512, high()) + " over " + getCurrentBarCount() + " days ");

It prints the following in the debug window:
    For JPMRY120: 2YrLow is: null, 2YrHigh is: null over 600 days

How come the ELS code thinks I have only 600 days loaded when the chart is 1026 days?

Re: 600 bars max loaded?

cashonly
    FWIW the line of code you posted is returning the correct number of bars at my end [see enclosed screenshot]
    Alex

Originally posted by cashonly
    I've got an .efs formula that I'm trying to use on a chart with 1026 days on it.

I have this line in the formula:
    debugPrintln( "For " + getSymbol() + ": 2YrLow is: " + lowest(512, low()) + ", 2YrHigh is: " + highest(512, high()) + " over " + getCurrentBarCount() + " days ");

It prints the following in the debug window:
    For JPMRY120: 2YrLow is: null, 2YrHigh is: null over 600 days

How come the ELS code thinks I have only 600 days loaded when the chart is 1026 days?

Comment

Re: Re: 600 bars max loaded?

Hi Alexis,

I tried the same thing and it worked for me too. Now I'm suspecting that it's due to the fact that I'm using custom symbols.

Thanks for the insight.

Cash

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
      cashonly
      FWIW the line of code you posted is returning the correct number of bars at my end [see enclosed screenshot]
      Alex

Comment

Re: Re: Re: 600 bars max loaded?

Cash
        If the value being returned is 600 then that is very likely the number of bars loaded for that symbol irrespective of what the Time Template may be set to. You can easily verify this by enabling the Bar Count field in the Cursor Window.
        That said if I remember correctly there is an issue in 10.6 when using a Time Template set to #Days on custom symbols. If [as I am assuming] you are plotting a daily chart then try setting the Time Template to #Bars instead
        Alex

Hi Alexis,

I tried the same thing and it worked for me too. Now I'm suspecting that it's due to the fact that I'm using custom symbols.

Thanks for the insight.

Cash

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: 600 bars max loaded?

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
          Cash
          If the value being returned is 600 then that is very likely the number of bars loaded for that symbol irrespective of what the Time Template may be set to. You can easily verify this by enabling the Bar Count field in the Cursor Window.
          That said if I remember correctly there is an issue in 10.6 when using a Time Template set to #Days on custom symbols. If [as I am assuming] you are plotting a daily chart then try setting the Time Template to #Bars instead
          Alex
          Changing it to bars worked great! Thx!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 600 bars max loaded?

cashonly
            You are welcome and I glad to hear it worked
            Alex

Changing it to bars worked great! Thx!

Comment

Working...
            X