execution of efsExternal routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• execution of efsExternal routine

When I call my external routine "BrkTest" using efsExternal, the external routine cannot drawLineRelative. The external routine also does not print to the Formula Output using: debugPrintln("test") Why??

The external BrkTest routine is:
    function main() {
    drawLineRelative(-100,22,0,22,PS _Solid,5,Color.red,401);
    debugPrintln("test");
    return
    }

I am trying to display it on a chart of EMC so the value 22 is within the chart range.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Stowaway; 11-10-2010, 08:47 AM.

Re: execution of efsExternal routine

Stowaway

The external routine also does not print to the Formula Output using: debugPrintln("test") Why??
    You have a syntax error in the 5th parameter of your drawLineRelative() command ie PS _Solid which should be PS_SOLID
    Once you correct that you will see prints in the Formula Output Window

When I call my external routine "BrkTest" using efsExternal, the external routine cannot drawLineRelative.
    The efsExternal() function is used only to create a series from the values returned by an external efs. Graphic objects (text, lines, etc) generated in the called efs will not be drawn on the chart. Only the drawing functions that reside in your calling efs will take effect on the chart.
    Alex

Originally posted by Stowaway
    When I call my external routine "BrkTest" using efsExternal, the external routine cannot drawLineRelative. The external routine also does not print to the Formula Output using: debugPrintln("test") Why??

The external BrkTest routine is:
    function main() {
    drawLineRelative(-100,22,0,22,PS _Solid,5,Color.red,401);
    debugPrintln("test");
    return
    }

I am trying to display it on a chart of EMC so the value 22 is within the chart range.

Comment

Working...
    X