Function Differences v11.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Function Differences v11.0

I'm using the following two lines in one script that don't seem to work in v11.0 but work fine in the older version.

if (isInSession())
    dayClose = close(-1,inv("D"));

Both versions use a time template, which is identical, and the same interval. The session function doesn't seem to work at all in the new version and causes an error. If I take it out, the script works except that the second line seems to return the value from two days ago rather than yesterday. I do not use setComputeOnClose.

The second line, however, does work correctly in after hours. It did not work this way in the older version.

Has anything changed in the new version regarding how time is handled? I didn't find anything in KB. Thanks.

Re: Function Differences v11.0

rauthur
    As far as I can see at my end the isInSession() function does not seem to be causing any errors and is returning the expected value at this time (see enclosed screenshot)
    With regards to the daily bar values the issue may be of a different nature [ie unrelated to efs] and may be due to fact that the current daily appears to be missing [with some symbols] between the regular session closing time and the daily capture time [ie the time when the daily bar is saved to the history servers]. As far as I know eSignal is already aware of this issue
    Alex

Originally posted by Rla1js
    I'm using the following two lines in one script that don't seem to work in v11.0 but work fine in the older version.

if (isInSession())
    dayClose = close(-1,inv("D"));

Both versions use a time template, which is identical, and the same interval. The session function doesn't seem to work at all in the new version and causes an error. If I take it out, the script works except that the second line seems to return the value from two days ago rather than yesterday. I do not use setComputeOnClose.

The second line, however, does work correctly in after hours. It did not work this way in the older version.

Has anything changed in the new version regarding how time is handled? I didn't find anything in KB. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks, I'll work on this some more.

Comment

Alex,

I have a 0400-1630 time template running on my 2-minute chart. My local time is EST. As of about 3:30pm, isInSession is returning "false."
        Attached Files

Comment

rauthur
          I am getting the same results and it does appear to be a bug. It looks like the isInSession() function is referencing GMT rather than the timezone set in the Application. That said I still cannot get the function to cause any errors as you indicated in your initial post
          FYI you can report the issue directly to eSignal using the Support-> Report a Bug command in the main menu
          Alex

Originally posted by Rla1js
          Alex,

I have a 0400-1630 time template running on my 2-minute chart. My local time is EST. As of about 3:30pm, isInSession is returning "false."

Comment

Working...
          X