Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATR EFS function call problem

Hi,
    I have just downloaded v11 to give it a go and and translated an EFS I wrote across from v10 that works with no problems in v10.6.
    However when applying it to the chart I get this error message:

C:/Users/Adina01/Documents/Interactive Data/Formulas/My Formulas/ButtonsToFiles.efs, line 63: Error: Unable to call function atr from context: "global"
    "
    Now line 63 is defined between premain() and main() and is simply...

var xATR=atr(14); //take the atr over the last x days

When I use the normal atr EFS it works fine.
    Are there going to be lots of issues transferring across EFS or am i doing something wrong/different in the new version.
    thanks

i think i solved it by changing the original declaration of
    var xATR =atr(14) ; to be
    var xATR = null;

and

xATR= atr(14);

to be inside main()

Maybe its my bad programming skills, but it seemed strange it worked in v10 but not v11 until the changes.... lets see what else happens

WHoopps . spoke too early.
    Basically....my EFS is used to capture a double click on the chart to then register the price of the double click. Then this can be saved to a text file.
    Well...the double click means any subchart study is minimised, and a subsequent dble click maximises it again....
    and the text file is not getting written.

Any response may have me submitting my EFS code if needed to diagnose (its 500 lines long), so lets wait and see if any one can offer help.

The EFS seems to work partially...
    (if some one would comment that its my bad programming, or an anomaly that would be appreciated for future reference...thanks())
    Last edited by Adina; 02-04-2011, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X