vwap formula error V 11.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vwap formula error V 11.0

I recently downloaded eSignal 11(first time eSignal user), and the formulas were not in the download directories(there were dll files in there, but no formulas). Per the recommendation of a co worker with eSignal 10, I downloaded the older version of the software to get the formulas. However, when I attempt to load that study into my charts, it pulls an error. Suggestions?

Thank you!

Re: vwap formula error V 11.0

Squirrely1
    Since it is not apparent from the context of your post what formula you are referring to you may want to post the contents of the error message as they may provide the necessary information for others to understand what the issue is
    Alex

Originally posted by Squirrely1
    I recently downloaded eSignal 11(first time eSignal user), and the formulas were not in the download directories(there were dll files in there, but no formulas). Per the recommendation of a co worker with eSignal 10, I downloaded the older version of the software to get the formulas. However, when I attempt to load that study into my charts, it pulls an error. Suggestions?

Thank you!

Comment

Here are the errors. I have downloaded the amstudies.efs file.

C:/Documents and Settings/bsapp/My Documents/Interactive Data/Formulas/Other/VWAP.efs, line 46: Error: addLibrary: EFS library C:/Documents and Settings/bsapp/My Documents/Interactive Data/FunctionLibrary/amStudies.efsLib could not be loaded

C:/Documents and Settings/bsapp/My Documents/Interactive Data/Formulas/Other/VWAP.efs, line 46: Error: addLibrary: EFS library C:/Documents and Settings/bsapp/My Documents/Interactive Data/FunctionLibrary/amStudies.efsLib could not be loaded

Comment

Squirrely1
        Those error messages indicate that you did not save the amStudies.efsLib in the FunctionLibrary folder (see the required location in the path in the error messages themselves)
        Alex

Originally posted by Squirrely1
        Here are the errors. I have downloaded the amstudies.efs file.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
          Squirrely1
          Those error messages indicate that you did not save the amStudies.efsLib in the FunctionLibrary folder (see the required location in the path in the error messages themselves)
          Alex
          amstudies is saved under C:\Program Files\Interactive Data\eSignal\FunctionLibrary

and

amvwap2 is saved under C:\Program Files\Interactive Data\eSignal\Formulas\Other

However, there is currently no option for me to choose the formula when I attempt to insert it into a chart.

Comment

I talked to technical support regarding this issue and was told that something in the formula is keeping the VWAP from loading. Any ideas?

Comment

Disregard - I got it working.

The problem was that I had to go back and download 10.6 because none of the formulas/folders were pulling when I downloaded v11. This created multiple directories, and the efs formulas were in the wrong directory.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
              X