Efs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Efs

Can you suggest a solution for filtering through thousands of symbols without visually pulling up each chart? We want to get the OBV, upper/lower channel linear Regression and Last date value based of the history
    Thanks,
    Santosh

Hello Santosh,

EFS formulas will not be able to handle this type of routine. EFS formulas have a symbol limit of 5. Your best bet would be the ActiveX API. However, the API will only expose the price data to you, so you will have to develop the study (i.e. OBV etc) data within your application.

FYI, I'm moving this thread to the EFS Studies forum. We'd like to keep new threads in the Library forums limited to new formulas.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Possible suggestion...

Jason,

If there was a way to FORCE and new symbol from EFS, then we could simply write a routine that reads/records information from a file (symbol list), forces a new symbol, runs the EFS, records the analysis results (into a CSV file format), then reads the next symbol.

I know this is a crude was of accomplishing this, but it could be done - right?

Brad
      Brad Matheny
      eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Hi Brad,

I haven't tested such a routine, but I think you will still run into the symbol limitation. The main reason we have the symbol limit is to prevent server abuse. If we allowed everyone to create market scanners through EFS, the load on the servers could potentially be too great.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Jason,

You are right, I tried this before as a way to get around the three symbol limit (now 5 symbol limit) and it didn't work.

G
          Garth

Comment

Thank you all for the responses. Is there any other way you could suggest?
            Do you think this could be tackled using the Activex. I was told that the API just provides only the price data, and the computations need to be done.

Any direction you could guide me is appreciated.
            Thanks,
            Santosh

Comment

Working...
            X