List of Functions with parameters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of Functions with parameters

Pardon the newbie question, but i've searched with little luck.

Can someone point me to a list of efs functions and their parameters?

Also, would a book or book(s) on java be helpful to me or would they just confuse the issue? (Most of my previous coding experience is in sql queries, so there's a little background knowledge, but not a ton.) If so, any recommendations on a good book for a full-time accountant, part-time wanna-be eSignal script writer?

I don't want to bog the experts (you guys) down with basic stuff, but if someone can point me in the direction of some good reading material for me to work through, i'll try to leave you alone.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I've had some initial (albeit them small) successes at getting studies built that come up with the right numbers, so I'm most interested (at the moment, at least) in how to get the studies I've developed to show up on the chart like i want them to. Examples include how to offset a studies, so that it shows up moved over one bar in the chart and how to only calculate the study for on the last close, as compared to calculating it for every bar in the chart.

Re: List of Functions with parameters

Hi tcstringham,

Check the links at the bottom of my post. The first area to look at is the EFS Knowledgebase. This is also available in the SUPPORT tab above which, has a pulldown product support tab. I recommend looking at the knowledgebase which has a number of JavaScript (not Java) references as well.

A book is a great idea as well, I think I have some recommendations in my Functions fileshare (link below) in a JavaScript links folder.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Originally posted by tcstringham
    Pardon the newbie question, but i've searched with little luck.

Can someone point me to a list of efs functions and their parameters?

Also, would a book or book(s) on java be helpful to me or would they just confuse the issue? (Most of my previous coding experience is in sql queries, so there's a little background knowledge, but not a ton.) If so, any recommendations on a good book for a full-time accountant, part-time wanna-be eSignal script writer?

I don't want to bog the experts (you guys) down with basic stuff, but if someone can point me in the direction of some good reading material for me to work through, i'll try to leave you alone.

Comment

Thanks for the links. Very helpful. Follow up question. I'm using eSignal 11. Is there a way to see the efs files for the studies i have applied to my charts? I'm using a few of the built in studies, but i've modified them. When i look at the files in the built-in studies folder, they don't seem to match the modified version i'm using in the chart. Is there a way to see these modified .efs files?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi tcstringham,

Check this link, I found it using the SEARCH tool from the tab above using this string as the keyword custom* AND file*

Comment

Working...
        X