Studies/Formulas in v11 watchlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studies/Formulas in v11 watchlist

When I install in a Watch List some of my studies that they return a series of integer numbers in a chart, the default format used in the Format Columns window in the Outputs section is “Price”.

This way the depiction of the original integer numbers in the Watch List window is with 2 decimal points, both of course are zero. So I have to manually change the Outputs number format to “Volume” to get them depicted as integers.

My question is whether or not it is possible to write in the EFS some code that will force the depiction in the Watch List to be “Volume” or even “0 digits after the point” automatically.

Thank you in advance for any help.

You can use the "toFixed()" operator in an efs script to modify output to the precision that you desire. For example the variable vValue may be the value you wish to show up as an integer on your watch list. If you place vValue in the return stament for example like this:

return vValue.toFixed(0);

vValue will be rounded to the nearest integer and returned.

The number 0 in that statement says zero digits to the right of the decimal point. vValuetoFixed(2) would return two digits to the right of hte decimal, and so on.

Mike Scott
    Tarzana, CA

Originally posted by gem2004
    When I install in a Watch List some of my studies that they return a series of integer numbers in a chart, the default format used in the Format Columns window in the Outputs section is “Price”.

This way the depiction of the original integer numbers in the Watch List window is with 2 decimal points, both of course are zero. So I have to manually change the Outputs number format to “Volume” to get them depicted as integers.

My question is whether or not it is possible to write in the EFS some code that will force the depiction in the Watch List to be “Volume” or even “0 digits after the point” automatically.

Thank you in advance for any help.
    ....Mike

Comment

Thank you Mike for the your quick response.

I am conversant with .toFixed(0) and I use it a lot in my studies.

However when I insert the study in a Watch List I do get the 2 decimal points. Somehow this is either a bug or there maybe a workaround that I am not aware of.

Comment

Okay, I suspect then that eS11 has not implemented this in watchlists and that perhaps you should cover all bases and ask for this in a feature request.

Mike Scott
        Tarzana, CA

Originally posted by gem2004
        Thank you Mike for the your quick response.

I am conversant with .toFixed(0) and I use it a lot in my studies.

However when I insert the study in a Watch List I do get the 2 decimal points. Somehow this is either a bug or there maybe a workaround that I am not aware of.
        ....Mike

Comment

Working...
        X