function location/addressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• function location/addressing

I have a piece of code that is used in several different EFS studies. I want to create a function that can be called by each of the studies.

I think I understand how to create the function, but I don't know where to store it, and conversely I don't know how to properly call it.

If I put it in Program Files\eSignal\Formulas\Other

how do I tell the calling study where the function is located? Or is there someplace else I should put it? Or what?

Where do I put a function (any place I want?)? How do I call it so its location is known?

Thanks for your help.

Perry

Re: function location/addressing

Perry
    You have several solutions available.
    You can save that function as an efs and then call that using efsExternal(), call() or callFunction() or you can save it as a function in a Function Library.
    See the corresponding links for the description of these functions. Also if you search the forums you will find many examples of their use
    Alex

Originally posted by perrydolia
    I have a piece of code that is used in several different EFS studies. I want to create a function that can be called by each of the studies.

I think I understand how to create the function, but I don't know where to store it, and conversely I don't know how to properly call it.

If I put it in Program Files\eSignal\Formulas\Other

how do I tell the calling study where the function is located? Or is there someplace else I should put it? Or what?

Where do I put a function (any place I want?)? How do I call it so its location is known?

Thanks for your help.

Perry

Comment

Thank you, Alex.

This is just what I needed.

Perry

Comment

Perry
        You are welcome
        Alex

Originally posted by perrydolia
        Thank you, Alex.