X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settle Price for Pivot Points

Hello,

Need HELP!
    I would like to know if CLOSE in Pivot Point Code is SETTLE price - which I doubt. I did try to replace Close with Settle and gotxSettle is not defined
    In the quote sheet there is valid field named "Settle"
    Is there any way I can get it in the code? It is important because settle price can significantly differ from session Close - it is Eurex.
    Please let me know any IDEAS, anybody.

Thank You!

Re: Settle Price for Pivot Points

4FORK
    Unless you specifically set the chart to use the Close in lieu of the Settlement the daily chart [which is what the Pivot studies are based on] always includes the Settlement.
    In the enclosed screenshot you can see that one chart is displaying the Settlement while the other is instead displaying the Last because the specific option was enabled in that chart [note that this option is not available with all futures]
    Alex

Originally posted by 4FORK
    Hello,

Need HELP!
    I would like to know if CLOSE in Pivot Point Code is SETTLE price - which I doubt. I did try to replace Close with Settle and gotxSettle is not defined
    In the quote sheet there is valid field named "Settle"
    Is there any way I can get it in the code? It is important because settle price can significantly differ from session Close - it is Eurex.
    Please let me know any IDEAS, anybody.

Thank You!

Comment

Bingo...
      That means there is no problem for me right? I was not sure because I usually use less than D charts - and those are not showing settle.
      Would be nice to include Settlement price in all time frames as well - not seeing reason to not...can you ask eSignal to implement? (at least for EUREX)
      You are so good at this.
      I do use Pivot Point EFS from latest downloaded eSignal - I also added half pivot points on w_PP, changed color, etc.. but that's it.To make it simple I did it on one by one Pivot - not on all package for the reason to be simple.
      Now I get some error about Hi-Lo overnights upon log in and study seems correctly drawn - I can redownload of course - I changed color (by inputing RGB style but it didn;t change on chart), also I need this study to work full session - can you help me with that - what to input - I use Eurex (2:00am - 16:00pm EST) and US minis (16:30 - 16:15).
      I really appreciate your Help!
      Thanks!
      Last edited by 4FORK; 04-25-2011, 09:02 PM.

Comment

4FORK

That means there is no problem for me right? I was not sure because I usually use less than D charts - and those are not showing settle.
        The pivot studies are based on Daily [or higher interval] charts which as I said include the settlement unless specifically set not to.
        As to intraday charts they also include the settlement which will show depending on the time template applied to the chart [keep in mind that the Settlement is disseminated by the exchange after the close of the regular trading sessions]
        Alex

Originally posted by 4FORK
        Bingo...
        Would be nice to include Settlement price in all time frames as well - not seeing reason to not...can you ask eSignal to implement? (at least for EUREX)
        You are so good at this.
        I do use Pivot Point EFS from latest downloaded eSignal - I also added half pivot points on w_PP, changed color, etc.. but that's it.To make it simple I did it on one by one Pivot - not on all package for the reason to be simple.
        Now I get some error about Hi-Lo overnights upon log in and study seems correctly drawn - I can redownload of course - I changed color (by inputing RGB style but it didn;t change on chart), also I need this study to work full session - can you help me with that - what to input - I use Eurex (2:00am - 16:00pm EST) and US minis (16:30 - 16:15).
        I really appreciate your Help!
        Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X