V11.2 pending release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V11.2 pending release

What a wonderful surprise to see in eSignals latest copy of the Exchange newsletter, the pending release of a the chart trading interface in V11.2, such a surprise that I was immediately motivated to reinstall V11 in preparation.

The new install came up easily, though I was unable to find the option I found previously for the white or black theme, and had to change colours manually. That's ok, as I learned a bit while doing so. However I have two questions if someone can assist me please.

Where do I find an option to change the chart and program header/tool bars from black to a lighter colour? So much black is so depressing.

Also, How do I go about sorting out EFS incompatibility from V10 to V11? I have been unable to find any written instruction regarding this. For instance, left click on @URL=EFS no longer works on my EFS when run in V11. Also have problems with PrintTextPixel. The different statement formats from V10 to V11 must be available somewhere.

I look forward to V11.2, and trust the ability to confirm trade entry/exit from within an EFS will follow in a further release shortly after.

Cheers

Mervk
    Last edited by merkro; 05-10-2011, 10:23 PM.

It would be nice if someone would acknowledge my question. I am unable to get the statement " if(nButtonPressed == BUTTON_LEFT) " to work in V11. Works fine in V10.6

Is the following a bug or am I missing something? When an EFS is loaded into the price area of a chart, to reload, you need to right click on text or similar produced by the EFS, forcing a pop-up menu. When an error occurs on loading the EFS, there is no visible symbols/text produced by the script, so therefore nothing to right click on. How then, do I force a reload after correcting the error within the script editor?

And please tell me if nButtonPressed should work, or has it been over-ridden by V11, as a double left click is captured by eSignal for chart manipulation. Does this cause the single left click to be ignored?

Appreciate a reply from anyone.

Cheers

Mervk

Comment

After many hours of digging, finally found that the shift key must now be pressed before clicking the mouse. So, 1 down, 1 to go. Still require a suggestion to the following please.

When an EFS is loaded into the price area of a chart, to reload, you need to right click on text or similar produceda by the EFS, forcing a pop-up menu. When an error occurs on loading the EFS, there is no visible symbols/text produced by the script, so therefore nothing to right click on. How then, do I force a reload after correcting the error within the script editor?

Cheers

Comment

Yeah, what you have to do is monitor the online EFS docs for updates.

They have not been keeping their help files on the PC installs in-sync with the latest online docs FOR YEARS.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Steve, but found no answer to the reload question anywhere in documentation. Guess when eSig reps answer posts each side of mine, I should realise my question is too hard for them.

Cheers

Merv Kroll

Comment

merkro
            Just right click the error message returned by the formula to the pane in which it is running [in the same way that you would right click the study title or any object returned by the efs to the chart] and that will bring up the context menu that includes the Reload command
            Alex

Originally posted by merkro
            After many hours of digging, finally found that the shift key must now be pressed before clicking the mouse. So, 1 down, 1 to go. Still require a suggestion to the following please.

When an EFS is loaded into the price area of a chart, to reload, you need to right click on text or similar produceda by the EFS, forcing a pop-up menu. When an error occurs on loading the EFS, there is no visible symbols/text produced by the script, so therefore nothing to right click on. How then, do I force a reload after correcting the error within the script editor?

Cheers

Comment

Thank you Alexis, your reply is muchly appreciated, and makes my life a little easier.

Cheers.

Comment

The error message appears and says to click here to see the error. I click within the box, and the whole lot disappears. This is so fraustrating. Please bring back the easy to use, easy to find, V10.6 right click on chart options.

Different is not necessarilly better, and this is definately the case with much of V11. If a system works, why change it?

Tearing my hair out, trying ever so hard to adapt............

Edit: I have removed Alexis name from the beginning of this post, as I have only just realised he is not a member of eSignals staff.

Mervk
                Last edited by merkro; 05-16-2011, 06:48 AM.

Comment

I moved this thread to the appropriate forum so the right people can see it and respond. Anything related to EFS should be posted in this forum as our EFS support resources are limited and they typically only review this particular forum.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X