Changing Function Parameters In Open Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Function Parameters In Open Windows

I frequently open a script (in v11.2) by right-clicking on the results in an open window and changing the function parameters and saving. If I open a new chart window and insert that edited script (or reload it in a current window), the results in the new chart window do not use the revised preMain settings. It uses the old settings seemingly read from the other open windows.
    Last edited by Rla1js; 08-29-2011, 12:22 PM.

Reloading Function Parameters in v11

If you are currently running a script in v11.3 64bit, and you call up the editor to rewrite some of the script including changing some of the function parameters, save and then reload the script in the chart, it seems that the charts remember the old settings and do not reread the function parameter array -- even though the new script changes are implemented and working.

To cure this, I find that I have to close eSignal entirely and restart. Removing the script, and adding it back in, doesn't seem to work.

This is especially confusing sometimes when the same script is running in multiple chart windows.

Good work on the new version!

Comment

Re: Reloading Function Parameters in v11

rauthur
      After saving the script you need to Reload it then click Defaults->Restore Original Defaults in the Edit Chart dialog for that study
      Alex

Originally posted by Rla1js
      If you are currently running a script in v11.3 64bit, and you call up the editor to rewrite some of the script including changing some of the function parameters, save and then reload the script in the chart, it seems that the charts remember the old settings and do not reread the function parameter array -- even though the new script changes are implemented and working.

To cure this, I find that I have to close eSignal entirely and restart. Removing the script, and adding it back in, doesn't seem to work.

This is especially confusing sometimes when the same script is running in multiple chart windows.

Good work on the new version!

Comment

Working...
      X