No announcement yet.

Alert.addToList problem ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Brad - will review it over weekend, but of course, RT is best!
    George

Comment

Brad
      How does that work on a bar-only basis?
      George

Comment

Bar Time Checker...

George...

It checks the current bar time against a previously stored bar time (normally the pervious bar).

So, when the time changes (or a new bar forms), it allows the code to execute ONCE - not all the time.

Brad
        Brad Matheny
        eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Brad - would it be wrong (i.e. not produce the reuired results) to have something as simple as:

PHP Code:
          if (getBarState()==BARSTATE_NEWBAR
          where you have included:

PHP Code:
          if (nLastRawTime != getValue("rawtime",0)) { 
          ??
          Thks
          George

Comment

Brad - now my confusion is ended, or at least, reduced. I kept wondering how rawtime would test for a new bar when it is updated every second...now I know the answer, from another thread...it appears only to change on a new bar!!!! Is this documented anywhere, besides the thread below?

As gspiker commented in that thread on 7/22...
            "Verrry Interesting. You learn something new all the time (and if your lucky, you don't have to pay for it).

I ran a simple test (see attached if you are interested) and indeed the method does work. The next question is why, and as it ends up getValue("rawtime"); doesn't work the same way getValue("time"); does (as initially advertised). rawtime only returns the time at the start of the bar."
            George
            P.S would NEWBAR work in the same way?

George

Comment

I've lost my alert window and I can't find a menu option in eSignal to bring it back up again.

I have a script that writes and alert and plays a sound file but I can;t see the window. I click off the *always on top* option but the window is nowhere to be seen although the sound file plays. Can anyone help with this please?

Comment

Highfield
                Tools->EFS->Alert List
                Alex

Comment

Thanks Alexis. I kept on trying View-> alerts and trying to figure out why I couldn't get the window. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
                  X