Help with simple script using drawText

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with simple script using drawText

Can someone offer a direction of what I am doing wrong?

The attached script runs as far as getting TRUE FALSE values in the cursor field fore each bar but the drawText function only prints the desired text characters for about the last week of data and nothing prior even though there are values shown in the cursor field for every bar. This script is designed to run on a daily interval chart. I am running this on eSignal 10.6

Volume Support Bars.efs

Mike Scott
    Tarzana, CA
    ....Mike

Mike,

I didn't run your script but I can see in the code that you're using the same tag values for your 3 drawText() functions. If you want all of your lines to stay on the chart then those tags have to be unique. Keep a running global id variable and increment it every time you draw something.

For example:

var id = 1; // at the top of your file as a global variable

drawText("A", BottomRow1, Color.green, Text.CENTER | Text.BOLD, "Accumulation" + id++);

Comment

Thank you Steve for explaining the tags for drawText.
      I felt it was a simple problem like this.

Mike Scott

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
      Mike,

I didn't run your script but I can see in the code that you're using the same tag values for your 3 drawText() functions. If you want all of your lines to stay on the chart then those tags have to be unique. Keep a running global id variable and increment it every time you draw something.

For example:

var id = 1; // at the top of your file as a global variable

drawText("A", BottomRow1, Color.green, Text.CENTER | Text.BOLD, "Accumulation" + id++);
      ....Mike

Comment

Working...
      X