Getting oscillator value from a previous bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting oscillator value from a previous bar

I have developed an oscillator that I plot, lets call it RESULT. I would like to highlight when RESULT for the current bar changes by more than a particular value from the RESULT that was calculated for the previous bar. How do I do this? Using

RESULT.getValue(-1)

doesn't give an error, but the window where it should get plotted is blank...

What is the best way to refer to a user calculated value from a previous bar?

Thanks for any help

traderslomo
    In your case you could use the ref() function (for the syntax and usage examples see the link to the article in the EFS KnowledgeBase)
    That said there there are also other ways to do this and if you search the forums [eg for previous value*] you will find several examples as this topic has been covered before
    Alex

Originally posted by traderslomo View Post
    I have developed an oscillator that I plot, lets call it RESULT. I would like to highlight when RESULT for the current bar changes by more than a particular value from the RESULT that was calculated for the previous bar. How do I do this? Using

RESULT.getValue(-1)

doesn't give an error, but the window where it should get plotted is blank...

What is the best way to refer to a user calculated value from a previous bar?

Thanks for any help

Comment

Working...
    X