This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading date bar was created.

would like to retrive the Date(day and year) a particular bar was created. I am ONLY looking at Current bar and Prior bar.
    this will be used in Point & Figure charts to determine when column was begun.
    In PnF charts the high() and low() are the same as the close() and open() for a rising column. (column of Xs).
    I am doing this manually now, locating breakout opportunities (double tops) that are less than 15 days old.
    great results using 15 day, 15 min charts for the actual entry.
    thanks for any help.

P.S. if you are a B.O. equities trader (swing, momentum) maybe we could compare strategies.

peterjerome
    Use the day() and year() functions. See the EFS KnowledgeBase for the syntax of these functions and examples of their usage
    Alex

Originally posted by peterjerome View Post
    would like to retrive the Date(day and year) a particular bar was created. I am ONLY looking at Current bar and Prior bar.
    this will be used in Point & Figure charts to determine when column was begun.
    In PnF charts the high() and low() are the same as the close() and open() for a rising column. (column of Xs).
    I am doing this manually now, locating breakout opportunities (double tops) that are less than 15 days old.
    great results using 15 day, 15 min charts for the actual entry.
    thanks for any help.

P.S. if you are a B.O. equities trader (swing, momentum) maybe we could compare strategies.

Comment

thanks alex, thats what I was looking for.
      It seems so intuitive...I should have figured out.

Comment

peterjerome
        You are welcome
        Alex

thanks alex, thats what I was looking for.
        It seems so intuitive...I should have figured out.

Comment

Alex, the EFS knowledge database gives the syntax e.g. for day() function, but no EFS script examples.
          I don't need the program...just the call that will return the day or month or year from the current bar.
          thanks,
          Peter.

Comment

Peter
            FYI the article for the day() function does provide examples.
            Alex

Alex, the EFS knowledge database gives the syntax e.g. for day() function, but no EFS script examples.
            I don't need the program...just the call that will return the day or month or year from the current bar.
            thanks,
            Peter.

Comment

Working...
            X