Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with some EFS's not fully plotting on the charts with release of 11.6 RC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with some EFS's not fully plotting on the charts with release of 11.6 RC

Hi,

I have encountered a problem with some EFS's not fully plotting on the charts with this new release of ESignal 11.6 RC Version. I have multiple charts on a single page with multiple indicators of very long and varying lengths as my trade setup. It usually takes my computer up to 1 minute to fully plot my custom page with all my charts and indicators in it.

I think this new problem has arisen because of the new 30 second limit for stopping EFS's execution.

Check the following Line From the Release Notes of Esignal 11.6 RC -------- " Fixed crashes caused by infinite loops in scripts. EFS engine will now stop the execution of such scripts after 30 seconds."

I am rolling back to 11.5 version until you either increase the time limit to 60 seconds or more Or make this EFS Engine stopping feature change optional for those users who don't want it at all.

Nitin
    Are you getting any error messages?
    Alex

Originally posted by Nitin View Post
    Hi,

I have encountered a problem with some EFS's not fully plotting on the charts with this new release of ESignal 11.6 RC Version. I have multiple charts on a single page with multiple indicators of very long and varying lengths as my trade setup. It usually takes my computer up to 1 minute to fully plot my custom page with all my charts and indicators in it.

I think this new problem has arisen because of the new 30 second limit for stopping EFS's execution.

Check the following Line From the Release Notes of Esignal 11.6 RC -------- " Fixed crashes caused by infinite loops in scripts. EFS engine will now stop the execution of such scripts after 30 seconds."

I am rolling back to 11.5 version until you either increase the time limit to 60 seconds or more Or make this EFS Engine stopping feature change optional for those users who don't want it at all.

Comment

No error messages.

It just stops executing any of the multiple EFS's, like RSI , Stochs, etc. I have on my charts, which haven't fully plotted on the page after 30 seconds.

I can see it on the windows task manager that esignal.exe CPU usage drops to less than 10 % after 30 seconds of refreshing Page, which confirms that the esignal EFS Engine has stopped executing it further.

So whatever Efs's get plotted within 30 seconds of asking, stay plotted on the charts. Rest EFS's just don't show up on the charts. Rolled back to 11.5 SP 2 and I can see all my EFS's getting plotted on the charts within 1 minute.
      Last edited by Nitin; 03-25-2013, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Nitin
        In that case based on my understanding I do not think that the fix you referenced in the release notes is the cause of the problem you are seeing else you would get a Timeout exceeded error message such as the one generated by the script enclosed below
        Regardless, as suggested in the guidelines for this forum you should post a functional example of the script that illustrates the issue together with any relevant information so that others can try to replicate it
        Alex

PHP Code:
        function main(){
            var 
        counter 0;
            while(
        true){

counter++;
            }

Originally posted by Nitin View Post
        No error messages.

It just stops executing any of the multiple EFS's, like RSI , Stochs, etc. I have on my charts, which haven't fully plotted on the page after 30 seconds.

I can see it on the windows task manager that esignal.exe CPU usage drops to less than 10 % after 30 seconds of refreshing Page, which confirms that the esignal EFS Engine has stopped executing it further.

So whatever Efs's get plotted within 30 seconds of asking, stay plotted on the charts. Rest EFS's just don't show up on the charts. Rolled back to 11.5 SP 2 and I can see all my EFS's getting plotted on the charts within 1 minute.

Comment

Working...
        X