Text Button Placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text Button Placement

I am using the following code to try to place a text button 3 rows below the current bar:

drawTextRelative(0, BelowBar3, " Buy Limit", Color.white, Color.black, Text.BUTTON | Text.CENTER, "Arial", 12, "BU"+nID);

If the Text.BUTTON is changed to Text.PRESET, the text is drawn 3 rows beneath the current bar like it is supposed to.
    But as a button it is being placed down near the $0 on the yValue. Thanks, I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

charley
    Whenever you are using the AboveBar, BelowBar, etc location flags with the drawTextRelative/Absolute functions you need to use the Text.PRESET flag as indicated in this article in the EFS KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Originally posted by charley View Post
    I am using the following code to try to place a text button 3 rows below the current bar:

drawTextRelative(0, BelowBar3, " Buy Limit", Color.white, Color.black, Text.BUTTON | Text.CENTER, "Arial", 12, "BU"+nID);

If the Text.BUTTON is changed to Text.PRESET, the text is drawn 3 rows beneath the current bar like it is supposed to.
    But as a button it is being placed down near the $0 on the yValue. Thanks, I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Comment

Can an event handler be assigned to a Text.PRESET object?

Comment

charley
        I would suggest you read in its entirety the article I linked in my prior reply
        Alex

Originally posted by charley View Post
        Can an event handler be assigned to a Text.PRESET object?

Comment

Working...
        X